"The Intern Experience" at Alpine Organic Farm aka Intern Education Program
What you will learn
What we expect from you
What we provide
Things to do Nearby (we highly recommend bringing a vehicle)
- Yellowstone National park (2 hrs drive)
- Headwaters to the Missouri River (confluence of Jefferson, Madison & Gallatin Rivers)
- Hiking trails
- Mountain Biking trails
- Big Sky Resort
- Rafting / Fishing
- Canyon Ferry Recreational Lake
- Virginia City (Historic Landmark)
- Ruby Valley
- Patagonia Outlet (Dillon)
- Lewis & Clark Caverns / State Park
- Off-road recreation
- Helena (Capitol)
- Madison Valley
- Hebgen Lake
- Glacier National Park / Flathead Lake (5 hr drive)
- and much more...
Alpine Organic Farm is located on 44 acres just outside Three Forks Montana and is owned and operated by Dave McCarson and Dawn Sampson. Alpine Organic Farm has been certified organic by the Montana Department of Agriculture since June 2011. They specialize in growing heirloom vegetables, fruits and flower in newly designed passive solar greenhouses along with high tunnel and field production. Alpine Organic Farm proudly sells to local restaurants and the Bozeman Community Food Co-op. We also support local interns from Montana State University's horticulture science and sustainable food programs. We also welcome anyone with a passion for fresh food who wants to learn and participate in organic farming.
Questions / Apply
Questions / Apply
- 2 intern positions available for Summer 2016 and 1 for Spring 2016.
- Send letter of interest to Dave and Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your contact information, qualifications, what interests you about AOF and what specifically you want to get from the internship.